Friday, October 06, 2006

 

Open Letter to Dan Grabauskus

Mr. Grabauskus,

I supported you when you ran for state treasurer in 2002. I've been a big fan of yours. However some things at the MBTA have rubbed me the wrong way. Most of them have to do with the MBTAs insistence on bilingulaism.

For instance, this evening I entered the Blue Line at the Aquarium station at about 11:45 pm, and what did I hear, some sort of announcement in Spanish as I went down the escalator. Perhaps it was an important announcement, I wouldn't know, because I'm an AMERICAN citizen who speaks ENGLISH!!! Luckily it wasn't an emergency annoucement, at least I don't think it was.

Just because I use the Blue Line, and live in East Boston, with undocumented workers from El Salvador, doesn't mean I need to listen to announcements en espanol.

Please refrain from the Spanish, and only use English. If the riders don't wan't to learn it, tell them in English, to go home. When my mother came here in the 1960s from French Canada, she learned English. They should too.

Thanks,

EaBo Clipper

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?